Community of Practice Meeting
The community of practice aims to address three concerns of the AcTinSite knowledge mobilization plan. These concerns are relationship building, scale-up, and sustainability. By scale up, we mean the process through which research evidence or an innovation reaches larger knowledge users. Sustainability means that the research evidence of innovation maintains, and grows, its use over time. A community of practice is one knowledge mobilization framework used for scaling up and sustainability. The AcTinSite community of practice will build awareness, create investment, and ensure the AcTinSite online platform’s longevity.
The community of practice focuses on practitioners who:
- collaborate with AcTinSite
- support healthcare placements,
- are faculty connected to educational placement, and/or
- support students with disabilities with accommodation in educational placements.
A community of practice is a group of active practitioners, who have a common concern, that comes together to support each other in building their knowledge and skills on a topic. The community of practice aims to create a space where practitioners who support accommodation in student placement can sustain and grow their knowledge or make a policy change within their organization. We focus on making placements more accessible and improve access to accommodation. We believe that accessible placements will help ensure that more students with disabilities can graduate and enter the workforce. We are passionate about accessible placements because we think that Canada needs a more diverse workforce.
- Bring together practitioners who suppoer educational placement
- Bring student voices to the forefront of conversation about educational placement
- Create networking spaces where people can learn from each other
- Host educational events to build skills in practitioners